- Zemas Cocoa Teff Pancake & Waffle mix
- 8 T. unsalted butter, at room temperature (dairy-free or regular)
- 3 T. oil of choice (olive, grapeseed, coconut)
- 1 ½ c. palm sugar (sugar of choice)
- ¼ c. cocoa powder
- 2 t. pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs (egg replacer)
- 1 ¼ c. New Planet Beer (Raspberry Ale is our favorite)
- ¼ c. chocolate chips, melted (diary-free or regular)
- 1 t. baking soda
- ½ t. baking powder
- ½ t. Salt
- 1 ½ t. xanthan gum
Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 13 x 9 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients; set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer cream the butter, oil and sugar together. Scrape down the bowl and add in the cocoa powder and vanilla.
Add the eggs to the bowl of the electric mixer, mixing after each addition.
Mix in the dry mixture and the beer, alternating after each addition.
Finally fold in the melted chocolate.
Pour batter out into prepared pan. Bake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Allow cake to cool before frosting with Beer Buttercream.
- ½ c. + 2 T. New Planet Beer (Raspberry Ale is our favorite)
- 1 ½ c. butter, room temperature (dairy-free or regular)
- 4 c. powdered sugar, sifted
- ½ c. cocoa powder
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- 3 oz. chocolate chips, melted (dairy-free or regular)
In the bowl of an electric mixer cream the butter.
Add in the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition.
Add in the cocoa powder and vanilla, and mix until thoroughly combined and again scrape down the bowl again with a spatula.
Add in the melted chocolate and mix. Next, add in the beer, be careful to mix slowly as it may splash up.
Frost the beer cake and enjoy!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!