0 0 GFBeer http://dev.newplanetbeer.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/npb-logo-hr-252x300.png GFBeer2011-04-22 07:30:382011-04-22 07:30:38Make the Earth a Better Place
Earth Day is the perfect opportunity to remind our fans how New Planet Beer makes the environment a priority in their business practices. It’s also a good time to reflect on what you are doing for the environment and what small adjustments we can all make in our daily lives that can help make the Earth a better place.
New Planet Beer’s Earth Day Celebrations
- The company name ‘New Planet’ came about as an inspiration to help reinvigorate the planet.
- Each beer that New Planet Beer brews has a different environmental giveback that supports sustainable living.
- Tread Lightly Ale dedicates a percentage of proceeds for restoring the natural environment.
- 3R Raspberry Ale dedicates a percentage of proceeds for purchasing BottleHood Glassware who take used New Planet Beer bottles and recreates them into usable items that get donated to local non-profit organizations.
- Off Grid Pale Ale dedicates a percentage of proceeds for organizations that support alternative energy.
- New Planet Beer employees volunteer each year with the Wildlands Restoration Volunteers, a non-profit organization that provides an opportunity for people to come together, learn about their natural environment, and take direct action to restore and care for the land..
- New Planet Beer constantly looks for ways to use recycled materials which includes the boxes used to ship New Planet Beer, cups used for sampling, office supplies, and we always look for ways to reduce the materials we do need to use.
- New Planet Beer is participating in the Microbreweries for the Environment 2011 on Earth Day, which will benefit the environmental efforts of four local non-profit organizations: CU Environmental Center, Flatirons Neighborhood Farm, The GrowHaus, and Sprout City Farms.
- New Planet Beer partners with Fort Collins Brewery in the production of their beers. The brewery utilizes the most current thinking in sustainable, green technologies, including a water waste system which is not connected to a public sewer.
- The New Planet brewing process follows these environmental practices with Fort Collins Brewery:
- We reuse the water on the bottling line for watering lawns.
- We ship excess grain, hops, yeast, beer and rinse water to a cattle ranch because these ingredients are a great protein supplement to a cows normal diet.
- We reduce our use of power during peak load hours by coordinating with the Fort Collins Power Authority.
- We use fans to bring in night air to cool our storage rather than keep it cold with air conditioners.
- We use infra-red heating tubes to heat areas employees work in but not the entire plant providing localized heating.
- We brew on demand so we don’t store and keep beer refrigerated for long periods of time.
New Planet Beer is dedicated to making great tasting gluten-free beer and doing good things for the environment. New Planet Beer can’t do it alone, but if we all do our part, the collective will make a difference.
What are you doing to help make Earth a better place?
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!