Are you cooking Thanksgiving dinner for someone with Celiac disease or sensitivity to gluten? Do not despair! Even Thanksgiving recipes, in all their wheat-y goodness, can be made both gluten-free and delicious.
Gluten lurks in a host of pre-packaged ingredients often used on Thanksgiving like gravy mix, stuffing seasoning and cranberry sauce. Omitting these pre-packaged ingredients will be necessary, but this can make the Thanksgiving cooking much more laborious.
To save cooks time, BigOven has compiled full pre-planned gluten-free menus that can easily be customized and added to the cook’s grocery list. All menus are available on BigOven’s mobile apps, so cooks can take them to the store. See a sampling below.
- Turkey with Twice Baked Mini Potato Dauphinoise, Butter-Roasted Carrots, Pumpkin Mousse and more
- Roast Turkey with Sage Butter and Rapini-Rice Stuffing, Herb-Roasted Sweet Potato Skins, Caramelized Brussels Sprouts with Pistachios and more
- Rosemary Smoked Turkey with Butternut Squash Soup, Carrot Rice and more
- Brined Roast Turkey with Wild Rice Dressing with Roasted Grapes and Walnuts, Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Fabulous Roasted Cauliflower Soup and more
- Marmalade Glazed Turkey with Giblet Gravy, Arugula with Pear Salad, Candied Pecans and More
See additional gluten-free Thanksgiving menus
Cooking a gluten-free Thanksgiving meal doesn’t require cooks to forego the classics. Even stuffing and pie can be made gluten-free by the conscious cook.
Gluten Free Stuffing Tips:
- Substitute gluten-free white bread or gluten-free cornbread into any stuffing recipe. Some cooks may not like the taste and texture of gluten-free bread. Luckily, stuffing is the perfect dish to disguise any bread – cooks should simply cube and toast the bread, then follow their favorite stuffing recipe and it will soak up the flavors beautifully. Here’s a few to try with the gluten-free bread substitution:
- Stuffing doesn’t have to be made with bread – quinoa and rice lend well to side dishes reminiscent of stuffing’s hearty, warm, comfort-food feeling. Try these dishes for a delicious alternative stuffing.
Gluten Free Dessert Tips:
- Pumpkin and apple pie fillings can easily be made without gluten and are delicious even without the crust. Try these variations for a tasty yet crustless experience:
- For more traditional cooks, gluten free pie crust is an option.
See more gluten free dessert recipes in the BigOven Gluten-Free Thanksgiving collection.
These simple adjustments allow cooks to enjoy a delicious Thanksgiving dinner while adhering to their guest’s dietary restrictions. Cooks can add pre-made gluten-free menus to their grocery list and view the Gluten-Free Thanksgiving collection on www.bigoven.com and any of BigOven’s mobile apps.
The Perfect Planet Burger – So simple, it is Perfect!:
Submitted by Scott G.
One pound of prime burger (80/20)
Chopped onion (add diced jalapeños for added kick)
Maple wood bacon
Salt and pepper
New Planet Pale Ale
On medium heat, grill burger (with chopped onion mixed in…and jalapeños of desired) on one side for three minutes. Pour New Plant Pale Ale over burger…wait thirty seconds and flip. Pour a little more beer on the burger. Add salt and pepper…wait two minutes. Add blue cheese and bacon (previously cooked)… Wait two minutes and you are done. The perfect burger.
We Want YOU to share your favorite
Gluten-Free BBQ recipe with the Nation!
Plan: We are asking our fans – YOU – to submit their favorite gluten-free BBQ recipes & beer pairings featuring New Planet Beer. Submissions will need to be received via email by June 27th, and will be posted on Facebook and our website as the featured recipes for July.
3 winners will be chosen. Winning entries will need to feature a New Planet Beer either in the actual recipe, or as a “perfect pairing.” Pictures to accompany the recipes will be welcomed.
Winners will also receive a custom prize pack featuring a New Planet Beer Apron, T-shirt, Bottle Opener and Baseball Cap as well as a Four-Pack of the Beer of their choice! Lastly, winners will also receive a personally signed copy of the best selling book, Defeat Wheat, by Brian Gansman.
Recipes to be emailed to email@example.com by 11:59pm 6/27/13, Winners will be notified by email and posted 7/1/13
Must be 21 years or older to enter
Participants can submit as many GF recipes as they want
Recipe must be Gluten Free and either feature a NPB or be paired with a NPB
Questions? Please email Peter@newplanetbeer.com
Please enjoy this yummy summer recipe, courtesy of Brenda Fae Forrest
Gluten Free Raspberry Beer Chicken:
In a Ziplock bag combine:
1 Large Sweet Onion; Cut into large chunks
Zest 1 Lime
1 Large or 2 Small Limes cut into 1/4’s
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1 tsp. Paprika
1 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
Fresh Garlic to taste
Add and mix together:
8 0z. Gluten-free Raspberry Ale
(Save remaining 4 oz Ale for another step)
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast: washed and cleaned up
Place the Ziplock bag in a Baking Pan and Marinate minimum 4 hours in the Refrigerator. Make sure that each piece of Chicken is in the Marinate. Turn the Bag a few times while it is marinating.
While the Chicken has been Marinating:
Fry 8 Oz. Gluten Free Bacon that has been cut into Chunks (I Used Jones Cherrywood Smoked Bacon)
Remove the Bacon after it is crispy from the Fat and drain on a Paper Towel.
Save the Bacon Fat
Using the same pan that you fried the Bacon in.
Place 2-3 Tbl. Bacon fat in a Skillet heat to Medium High (You can substitute Extra Virgin Olive Oil if you don’t want to use the Bacon Fat) Remove the Chicken from the Marinate,, Discard the Marinate.
Brown the Chicken on one side for about 3 Minutes, turn the Chicken add Fresh Garlic to the Pan, Sprinkle the Chicken to taste with Rosemary and Parsley. Brown the second Side Approximately 3 minutes. Then add the Remaining 4 oz Ale. Turn the heat down to Medium.
Braise the Chicken. Turn the Chicken over a few times. Cook for about 15 Minutes
Add 6 oz Fresh Raspberries; sprinkle around the pan
Cook until the Raspberries make a sauce,,, turning the Chicken several times. Cook about 5-10 Minutes
Cover the Pan and Simmer on low until the Chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165*
Sprinkle on the Chopped Bacon.
Remove from the Stove
I served my Chicken with Jasmine Rice
Pour some of the Raspberry Sauce over the Chicken and Rice.
I also made Oven Roasted Asparagus
Oven Roasted Asparagus:
Snap off the tough ends of each Asparagus Stem
Place in a 9X13 Pan
Salt and Pepper and lightly Drizzle with Extra Virgin
Bake in a 400* Oven for Approximately 25-30 or until done.
Tossing them a few times while roasting.
A great time was had by all at this weekends CDF Expo in Los Angeles. The star of the weekend was our Raspberry “BeerMosas”, so we thought we would post the “recipe.”
So here you go:
Take one bottle of nicely chilled New Planet Raspberry Ale and pour into wine glass, then add 1oz of freshly squeezed orange juice. Sip & Enjoy!
Best served at brunch, but makes a wonderful breakfast beer. 🙂
Even the L.A.Times dropped by. Read the article HERE
Find our Raspberry Ale near you by clicking HERE.
- 2 bottles of New Planet Beer – Belgian Ale (one to cook with, one to enjoy while cooking!)
- 2 pounds mussels, cleaned
- Finely sliced green onion – 3 stalks – & chopped Italian parsley 1 tbs.
- 1-2 tsp Chopped garlic and 1tsp chopped ginger
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat large saucepan to medium-high heat with 1tbl spoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Add cleaned mussels, with 1-2 tsp. chopped garlic & 1tsp. of chopped Ginger (fresh or paste)
- Place lid over pan and let steam for a few minutes, then add ½ – ¾ bottle of Belgian Ale, and put lid back on pan.
- Once the mussels are opening (as if to drink the yummy beer), turn heat off and let sit for a minute, adding the sliced green onions for added aroma and flavor.
- Serve in bowl and sprinkle chopped Parsley over served Mussels as the final touch.
Chorizo can be a great addition – fried separately and added in to the broth before serving
½ cup of buttermilk added to the broth creates a smooth and rich texture as well
Traditionally served with a side of fresh cut fries
Serves 3-4 people.